Sleep apnea is a type of sleep disorder that creates irregular patterns or interrupted breathing patterns while you sleep. If a person has sleep apnea, it can create some serious issues in the body, such as high blood pressure, strokes, and even heart attacks. Detecting sleep apnea can be complicated. Here are many of the possible risk factors of sleep apnea:
– Genetics can play a large role in the development of sleep apnea. If you know that you have a family history of sleep apnea, tell our doctors at your earliest convenience.
– Sleep apnea is sometimes caused by a deviated septum or another type of nasal blockage or obstruction.
– Individuals over the age of 40 are at a higher risk of sleep apnea disorder.
– Some disorders, such as allergies and sinus problems, can increase the risk of sleep apnea.
– Various mouth structures can amplify your risk for sleep apnea, such as an enlarged tongue, oversized tonsils, or even a small-sized jaw in relation to your mouth.
Our team at [practice_name] can help if you think you have sleep apnea. Dr. Ariz and Dr. Arami can give you a comprehensive oral examination to determine if you suffer from sleep apnea and require treatment. To book a visit to our office in [city], [state], call us at [phone]. Come see us, and let us show you the benefits of a sleep apnea free life today!