Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Obstructive sleep apnea causes the breathing to start and stop repeatedly during the night. This happens if relaxed throat muscles block your airways while you sleep. Because interrupted breathing happens while you sleep, you may not realize that you have sleep apnea. Some common symptoms of sleep apnea include:
– Daytime drowsiness
– Headaches in the morning
– Gasping or choking during sleep
– Dry mouth or a sore throat upon waking
Instead of allowing sleep apnea to have a negative effect on your life, consider your treatment options. Dr. Ariz and Dr. Arami may recommend one or more of these treatments for sleep apnea in [city], [state]:
– Positional Therapy: If you are suffering from sleep apnea, try not to sleep on you back. Sleeping on your side can help keep your airways open.
– Weight Loss: Losing weight can decrease or eliminate airway blockage.
– Oral Appliance Therapy: We can provide you with a custom oral appliance to wear during sleep. This appliance can guide the jaw into a more forward position, thus allowing the airway to remain open while you sleep.
– Surgery: In severe cases of sleep apnea, our [dr_type]s may recommend that you seek surgery.
If you would like to learn more about sleep apnea or to set up a reservation, we welcome you to call [practice_name] at [phone] today.